Thursday, October 21, 2010

Evangelical Eggheads

Forget the X-Factor - the Big One is finally coming to a TV near you - Wed 3rd November, 6pm BBC2

-------------------------------------
From Jan 2010

In an increasingly desperate attempt to gain sermon anecdotes I took part in BBC2's smash hit series 'Eggheads' (what do you mean you've never heard of it?). Our team was mainly Greenview men along with Phil from Netherauldhouse and Graeme from Peter MacDonald's work.

Below with the Eggheads (various Mastermind winners etc) and host Jeremy Vine.


Jeremy Vine commented on the fact that we were from an evangelical church by mentioning that his parents would have 'taken him down that route' - interesting. I'm afraid though, I can't tell you how we did - you'll just have to watch it! When it's aired hasn't been decided yet - but I'll be sure to post details here as soon as I know.

Below: getting ready for preaching on Sunday morni... eh, for the studio, obviously!


3 comments:

Mrs M said...

So Andy Hunter is a closet metrosexual after all. I always suspected. It all started when he got his eyebrows shaped.

David said...

I thought we were keeping the make-up bit a secret?! My status in the footy changing room will plummet now this is public!

Anonymous said...

I had no Idea what a metrosexual was, or what the word meant, but having looked up the definitions I would be concerned if someone called me a metrosexual, especially if I were a church leader. The word is ambiguous and can mean different things to different people; it is certainly not a word that should be applied to a genuine Christian man, even if it was just meant in fun.